Hello good people! I hope you are doing well. I only have two shows to tell you about this month but I’m very excited for both of them .
- Wednesday July 17th – Annabell’s (Upstairs) - 10PM 784 W Market St Akron, OH 44303 Cheap beer, good music and good people. What else do you need?
- Friday, July 19th – 157 Lounge - 7PM 157 S Water St Kent, OH 44240. This show is part of the Kent State Blues Festival. This will be my first time playing at 157 Lunge, my First time playing the Blues Fest and actually my first time playing in Kent!! Please stop on by and show some love while checking out all the great acts that night.
In other news:
I’ve been working hard on the next album. It’s a very long and difficult process but I want to make sure that when it’s finished it will be the greatest thing you’ve ever heard. :) Be sure to follow me on Facebook for more info. www.facebook.com/HoseffMusic
For those of you who don’t know, I’m also playing upright bass in another group called The Angie Haze Project. There are some very exciting things happening there be sure to check it out: www.facebook.com/TheAngieHazeProject
That’s all for now. As always thanks for being a fan!
Hello Beautiful People!
I hope you are doing well. I’d like to start out by telling you about the upcoming shows for March:
- March 11th – at The Barking Spider (11310 Juniper Rd, Cleveland, OH 44106) 7PM sharp! Opening for Max’s Farm. This is my favorite venue to play in Cleveland. Always a great crowd and a very respectful audience who love live music. The Barking Spider hosts free live 7 days a week
- March 23rd – at Kafe Kerouac (2250 N High St, Columbus, OH 43201) 8PM Columbus native Susan Hartman will be kicking the show off. This will be my first time playing at this venue. I hope all you Central-Ohioans can come out and make it a great night!
I’m also pleased to announce new merch! Finally the Hoseff T-Shirts are ready and available in all sizes in both Black and White. $15 each or $20 for a shirt and a CD. Trust me – You’ll look like a pimp crusin’ around in your new shirt while blasting Modern Gypsies out of the thumpin’ system in your ride.
It’s been a busy year for me so far. I’ve been hard at work both writing new material and booking shows. I have a mini-tour coming up in June that I’ll be announcing soon. I’m very excited about it. I love touring! It’s great to both meet and play for new people.
Finally, I’d like to give a shout out to The Black Keys for their success last month at the Grammy’s. I’ve always said; “What’s good for the Keys is good for Akron.” I’d also like to send some love to Mumford and Sons. Their album, Babel, has become one of my desert island picks and since Modern Gypsies was strangely overlooked by the Academy, I’m glad that Album of the Year went to them.
- Fischer's Fab 10
- Gotta love the official bio for northeast Ohio gypsy-punk trio Hoseff, which claims they're the last living remnants of a 12th-century clan of gypsies who made their living providing live theater and selling trinkets and other stolen goods town-to-town.
(We didn't check, so don't automatically infer The Beat is attempting to discredit this claim.)
- Buzzbin Magazine (Weekly Email)
- The Akron three-piece plays a gypsy-blues style â€” a less punk, more composed Gogol Bordello. The band claims to be descended from Spanish gypsies, and they certainly sound like it
- Buzzbin Magazine
- "The three-piece gypsy-blues band Hoseff is coming... The faces will be familiar in this smoky-sounding band for those who know the music scene, they are perfect..."